It’s been a while since I didn’t post some news about the project so far, even if the departure day is getting closer and closer. A little bit more than 1 month before the first trip, I may have some things to settle down, but there has been a lot of exciting news.
Let’s do a little recap.
The workshops lacked a short and clear presentation (nobody likes Walls of text). Here it is.
Feel free to use and share it to any structure which could be interested by such workshops ! 🙂
Remember the Mechanicards, those little cards describing board games mechanisms, skills and material ? Well, they are finally translated in English, so people from all around the world will be able to use them.
Feel free to use them as they are on Creative Commons Attribution. You just have to somehow mention me at some point, at least by highlighting the link to my website on the bottom of the cards !
I will put them more clearly on my porfolio as soon as possible, but so far you can download the PDF here.
The two first months of the project are going to be everything but what I initially planned.
* I’m starting my trip the 2nd of September. My first destination is Auxerre, where a workshop will take place the 3rd.
* Instead of reaching Besançon the 1st of September, I’ll be there the 6th to launch the project at the CRIJ. Then workshops will take place several times during the following week in different places (more information later on the post).
* I will most likely spend some days in Lille after Besançon.
* My next stop is Brussels from the 22nd of September for 1 week. Yes, Brussels – which means I’ll actually travel to 10 countries now. I couldn’t find any structure in Mulhouse unfortunately.
* Then I’ll travel to Munich to be up and ready the 6th of October.
* Finally, I’m going to the Essen spiel festival from the 16th to the 19th of October.
Confused ? Maybe a couple of screenshots will help you then !
So far, 3 workshops will take place around Besançon. I’m still looking for more (with a huge help from my friend there, Evelyne, who pretty much contacted the whole city – which for I can’t thank her enough), but for now, here are the workshops :
* Tuesday & Friday evening with the board games association Doubs you play. They are usually playing games thoses evenings, but they kindly accepted that I animate workshops at the same time. They are located here.
* Saturday, I’m going to animate a full workshop (playing then creating) at the “Maison de quartier” Montrapon, a place for young people to come and do… fun things.
Lots of board games material
Toutpourlejeu, an awesome company selling board game material, kindly accepted to sponsor the project ! So a pack full of board games material is coming in a few days. I’ll keep you informed (these guys totally deserve a full article).
However, I also bought some extra material on Spielmaterial to be able to do some workshops as soon as possible.
Ok, that’s not really related to the project, but I’m going in holidays for most of August ! So I’ll try my best to leave you some scheduled articles beforehand to keep you hyped 😉